Monday 15 June 2015

Back to School



This weekend I’m taking my first massage training course since I launched Sea Breeze Therapies. I’m not going to lie – I’m a little bit nervous, but also wildly excited at the same time!

The course I’m doing on Sunday is a one-day advanced skills workshop in Sports and Remedial Massage techniques and is being run by TonicSchool of Massage in Henley, Oxfordshire. The course will equip me with some advanced massage techniques to add to my skillset and will enable me to treat more effectively in the fields of sport and exercise therapy. Knowledge of these techniques will be invaluable when I begin the Advanced Clinical Massage diploma that I am hoping to enrol on later this year.

For me, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a no-brainer for anyone employed in the fields of health and bodywork. Whether you are a massage therapist, fitness instructor, nutritionist etc it is vital to keep your skills up to date and continually evolving for your customers’ sakes. You don’t take chances when people are quite literally putting their health and wellbeing in your hands!

One of the terms of my insurance and membership with the ComplementaryTherapists Association (CThA) is that I must accrue a certain number of CPD points each year in order to continue under their strict code of conduct. And as a customer,  this is why it’s vital to make sure you are using a qualified and insured therapist, and preferably one who is a member of a professional body such as CThA or FHT.

I’m really looking forward to getting back into the world of study, and have already dug out my anatomy books to swot up on muscles etc. This weekend’s course will mostly be a practical one, so I’ll be getting hands-on with my fellow students and putting my skills straight into practice.

Hopefully I will come home fully armed and ready to add a new dimension to my treatments – I’m looking forward to trying out my new techniques on you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment